Tuesday, November 27, 2012

First step of the Mystery Quilt

I started piecing the first step of the
from
Bonnie Hunter's
Mystery quilt
at
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/

The first mystery step calls for 192 of  4-patch units
 made from the grey and black-on-white fabrics
 using 2" strips.


I'm using solid grey Kona
instead of the a print
since thats what I had at hand
This is the first time
I'm joining in one of
her Mystery Quilts
but I have seen other
bloggers who have made them
and they are just beautiful!
Love the idea of the mystery
I'm sticking with the
same colors she is using
so I know it will look good :)
ok, now I'm ready for the next step on Friday
:)

Thank you for stopping by
and
Have a happy sewing day
Marta

4 comments:

  1. Great job on step 1 of Bonnie's mystery. I like your Kona Grey for the constant. I planned to start yesterday but cleaned my sewing area a bit first and ran out of time. I love her mysteries and glad you are joining this time. Look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 4 patches are looking great. I noticed that one of your fabrics (the one with the butterflies)will be in my quilt too :) As you, this will be my first time with Bonnie Hunters mysteries. Looking forward to the next step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking 4-patches. Looking forward to step 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing what everyone has pulled out for the background and their choice for constant! Thank you for sharing yours, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by :)
Please leave me a comment, Love to hear from you!
Have a nice sewing day
Marta